How do I choose a Melbourne builder for my new home?
Building a new home is a huge investment and probably the biggest decision you’ll make in your life. Part of the process is choosing the right building partner to create your beautiful home. But where do you start? How do you find a quality builder?
Asking a new home builder the right questions
Chances are you will make contact with a number of builders before making a final decision. While you’re looking to build trust with a builder, you also want to check:
- the builder has all the mandatory licenses and insurances for a new build
- the builder pays its suppliers on time and if it has a good solid rating in the industry
- the structural warranty and repairs on the new home are adequate so you can move in with complete peace-of-mind
- the resale value on similar projects they have previously completed
- they are genuinely interested in your vision and ask questions about your goals
Find the right design fit for your vision
There are many home builders in Melbourne and all of them bring a different design style to every project. It’s worth looking at previous finished homes to see if their designs and architectural aspects match your style. Most builders feature a portfolio of projects on their websites, so make sure you check them out.
Look at online reviews and testimonials
While this often goes without saying, it’s important you spend some time researching what previous clients have said. Were the builders transparent and easy to deal with? Did they meet the deadline and budget? Was the completed home what they imagined?
Looking to begin your home building journey?
With Urbanised Homes we offer contemporary, modern, traditional and luxury bespoke homes with superior design and quality.
Our residential construction team specialise in new homes, custom homes, multi-unit developments and knockdown rebuilds.
We have been at the forefront of home building for over two decades in Melbourne. Unlike other home builders, we focus our efforts on a select number of projects to create well-designed and distinguished custom homes for our clients.